Social Services Department
The role of the Social Services Department is multidimensional, as its purpose is to provide a set of support services (accompanying-advisory) to visually impaired people (newly blinded or not) in order to ensure personal progress and welfare.
Its concern is the individual approach to the needs of the visually impaired ones, following the principles and values of health and care professions, respecting the personality, will and self-reliance of every person.
The Social Services Department is a great link between the visually impaired person and the social environment and develops interventions in individual and family level.
Actions - Programmes
- Welcoming and informing interested people about the services offered in the Lighthouse for the Blind of Greece.
- Encouraging them to take part in the various programmes of the association and supporting their adjustment process in the Lighthouse for the Blind of Greece. Informing and guiding about social welfare services and relevant claims.
- Accompanying Support Services in order to facilitate accessibility for visually impaired people and resolve their social welfare benefits and needs to public or private bodies/services.
- Cooperation and Networking with bodies of the public and the private sector- to communicate and cover various needs of the visually impaired.
- Organising and coordinating activities in the field of prevention of health. (medical content meetings, voluntary blood donations, preventive cardiovascular examinations, spirometry tests, collaboration with Public Health Bodies and private medical centres for free services to the association’s beneficiaries e.t.c.).
- Cooperation and Networking with Public and Private Bodies - to meet the needs of the beneficiaries.
- Organisation and participation in accessible cultural events for people with visual impairments (visits to museums, theatrical performances, musical events e.t.c.).
- Organisation and coordination of daily environmental and educational excursions.
Consulting Support Services
- Individual Counseling
- Couple Counseling
- Family Counseling
- Personal Growth Group
VOLUNTEER NETWORK MANAGEMENT
- Welcoming and informing volunteers about the offered fields for action-Supervising and coordinatining all the actions of the volunteer network.